In how to make a better seat, chair cushions add elegant touch and comfort. Colonial style is one of best these days. We can give you the ways to make one. The chair cushions add a warm look to any kitchen or dining room, and make you sit at the table more enjoyable.
- Take a large piece of paper and place it on the seat of the chair. Draw the outline of the seat in the paper.
- Draw a seam allowance all around the newly developed seat. If you are filling the pad with a layer of quilt batting, the seam must be 5/8 inch (1.6 cm) to 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Choose a fabric that combines well with your decor in your room and go to the colonial subject.
- Fold the fabric with right sides together. Cut two pieces for your mattress, using the given pattern and the width of the corresponding seam.
- Place the chair cushions on top of the layers of quilt batting and attach the fabric in place with wire or thick wool.
- Place half finished cushion on the chair to determine where they will be sewn into the pad if you want to tie the pad in place on the back of the chair if the chair cushions are designed so that you can.
- Place the right side of the bottom of the pad on top of the upper right side of the fabric facing out.